Account Director – Technology
We are seeking a Director based in Boston to lead our client’s B2B workplace tech team. The Director will oversee a distributed team responsible for creating integrated campaigns for both established and emerging B2B brands. Additionally, the Director will manage some client relationships and coach team members as they take on more significant project and account management responsibilities. As a leader of their workplace tech practice, the Director will also contribute to new business pitches, working collaboratively with colleagues across their network to develop winning proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree in PR, Communications, Journalism, or Liberal Arts.
- 7-8 years of experience in a fast-paced client environment or agency, with some agency experience being critical.
- Passion for B2B technology, consumer behavior, emerging technologies, and their impact on communications, the economy, and society.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of media relations and reporter relationships.
- Insatiable curiosity, critical thinking skills, and creativity to apply to programming.
- Familiarity with the PESO media landscape.
- Excellent multitasking skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously within deadlines and budgets.
- Ability to identify and recruit top talent and inspire and motivate team members to work together and deliver excellent work.
- Willingness to contribute actively to making the workplace a better place to work.
Key responsibilities of the Director include leading integrated communications plans and programs, ensuring work is client- and media-ready, collaborating with experts across the network, coaching and mentoring team members, broadening relationships within client organizations, growing the network of trusted relationships with the media and industry analysts, and contributing to their content engine. The Director should be willing to engage in relevant industry/trade groups, events, and initiatives, as well as actively participate in professional development and training programs.