Our client is an award-winning communications firm known for building strategic public relations, original content marketing and social media programs for some of the world’s most innovative, fast-growth technology companies around!
For this specific position as an Account Executive, we’re looking for candidates who are passionate about storytelling. You should have experience writing and editing complex and technical stories as well as pitching trade and business media and building relationships with technology industry subject matter experts. The right candidate for this position is fluent in the fundamental of public relations. S/he can quickly write a byline or craft a targeted pitch. S/he is also an experienced client relations manager who understands how to delight a client with proactive, high-quality ideas and results. Besides playing a leadership role in executing public relations programs and driving program results for clients, you will play an active, hands-on role mentoring junior staff and taking steps toward learning how to empower and lead an account team.
The agency is made up of talented writers, reporters, editors, content strategists, media relations specialists, filmmakers, designers, and producers dedicated to creating and spreading stories about technology startups and the products and services they create. A visionary self-starter with grit who thrives in a fast-paced, experiential environment will do well in this role.
- 3+ years of direct communications, public relations or marketing experience in an agency or start-up environment and/or direct transferable, fast-paced work experience
- Knowledgeable, passionate storyteller who loves to create authentic brand and product stories for diverse audiences
- Experience conceiving and pitching targeted stories to business and technology media with a track record of well-crafted media relations results
- Client management or clients service experience with direct responsibility for regular client communications, counsel and follow through
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work concurrently across multiple, diverse projects; skilled at prioritizing workload and deliverables to meet client and team deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient writing, editing and content development expertise, including experience crafting bylines, blog posts, media pitches, newsletters, abstracts, executive bios and briefing sheets.
- Collaborative, team-oriented work style focused on putting team needs ahead of individual in order to produce the best possible results for clients & team
- Consistency in one’s work: self-starter with excellent quality standards and a demonstrable history of commitment, accountability and follow through
- Passion for the work and commitment to independent, on-going growth and development
- Entrepreneurial spirit & drive; a sense of humor helps too