Our client brings together experience from the highest levels of media relations, corporate reputation and thought-leadership, issues management, major events, and consumer marketing communications with global brands.
Their agency unites a diverse group of specialists to create a network of unstoppable thinkers and doers. Together they seek purpose, meaning and impact in everything that we do.
To do what they love and love what they do.
Our client is looking for an Account Executive to work for major global businesses and challenger brands to tell their stories in new and creative ways. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in FMCG goods and bring a unique set of experiences and a well-developed point of view to their diverse communications team.
Often, this will involve using both owned and earned media channels to help deliver their communications strategies, requiring you to work independently and as part of a team.
- Are you passionate about the power and importance of the media?
- Does the thought of achieving meaningful, well-targeted coverage for your clients motivate you above all else?
If so, we’d love to hear from you.
- Confidently and concisely present progress reports, simple project updates and new ideas to junior clients either face-to-face, by telephone and by email as directed by the team head
- Regularly write documents that you have developed on your own (i.e. press releases, reports, statements) that demonstrate your attention to detail, skills in producing written documents for both media and clients with minimal corrections from your line manager
- Demonstrate the ability to write well-structured persuasive copy in a range of styles including news releases, internal newsletters, online copy, competition copy, lookbooks, etc
- Support with researching relevant talent for brand campaigns, as well as development of talent briefing documents and attending the briefings themselves
- Manage complicated media inquiries from start to finish on a regular basis, including the publication of approved client statements/comments that you have created
- Provide reactive comment in response to media inquiries, following guidance from line managers
- Confidently manage journalists, both reactively and proactively. Be accountable for managing these relationships
- Confidently and successfully pitch stories to national and trade media on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure full and complete understanding of how to use digital platforms / services such as Google, Technorati and blog directories to research and identify online opinion formers / influencers
- Maintain an understanding of the influencer landscape – keeping abreast of the latest digital media influencers relating to your clients and their respective products
- Supporting new business proposals and pitches.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Strong communication experience within agency or relevant communication field
- Confidence in presenting and writing abilities
- Excellent time management and the ability to respond to tasks quickly and efficiently
- Experience with handling media inquiries and sell ins
- Have a good understanding of the daily news agenda and to be able to discuss and comment on it with colleagues
- Someone who shows a good understanding of the media landscape in the US and is well-read with the latest news agenda (ideally with some existing media contacts)
- Someone with great organizational and time management skills – as they will be juggling various responsibilities across press office
- Someone with a good understanding of influencers/social media
- Someone who is enthusiastic, proactive, a hard worker and keen to learn new things
- A sound understanding of all relevant on and off-line tactical communication vehicles and mediums is maintained and utilized on behalf of clients to achieve optimum campaign results.
- Hybrid Working: we are committed to hybrid working
- Health: Health, dental and vision insurance (Employees are responsible for 20% of the total monthly premium)
- Holiday: Up to four weeks paid vacation accrued monthly per year
- 401(k) with up to 4% matching
- Your Birthday Off
- Mentoring Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Personal Development Plans – individual training
- Lunch and learn Sessions
- Love & Work Xtra Day – staff can take up to 7.5hrs annually to use towards any activism of their choice