Our client is a consumer tech PR agency looking for an Account Executive to lead accounts focused on media and influencer relations, thought leadership, and overall communications strategy. Account work may also include content strategy, creation and distribution, social management and strategy, as well as data-driven reporting & analysis. This is a great opportunity for someone with entry-level experience, looking to grow their career and take on more responsibility in a PR / marketing role. This is a full-time role with Work-From-Anywhere-Flexibility.
Account Executives are masters of execution and consistently deliver high-quality results for a variety of clients. AE’s confidently interact with client contacts through email, calls, and in-person meetings as needed. Workload management has its ups & downs, but AEs are able to navigate responsibilities on multiple clients with great success. As confidence increases, a satisfactory AE is lead day-to-day communicator on 3+ core service clients, handling execution, written and call communications, as well as reporting insights under direction of Account Supervisor or Account Director. Additionally, AEs regularly work in a specialist role as part of larger teams executing on the agency’s more integrated accounts. High-performing AE’s show consistent performance across a variety of accounts and an ability to take fluctuations in workload with ease. Strong performers learn quickly, rarely make the same mistakes twice and instill confidence in senior team members.
Some things to note about this role:
- Key responsibility is to consistently produce results within our core services of media and influencer relations.
- AE’s are highly skilled at media facing communications including trade shows, media events, and pitches.
- AE’s are confident in all aspects of written and face-to-face client communications.
- Successful AE’s leverage personal experience and agency expertise to proactively lead their client’s strategy and should be comfortable telling clients what they need to hear versus what they want to hear.
- AE’s are execution specialist, constantly reiterating their daily approach to become more efficient.
- Always learning is key to the advancement of this role, be a student and participant of client communications and strategy development, actively seeking out every opportunity to learn from agency senior team leads.
- The ability to clearly articulate how results produced coincide with client’s goals / objectives, is highly valued and should be a focus as it is a common skill of team members that grow beyond the AE role.
Some advice for how to be successful:
- Think Like An Entrepreneur: Know the details of our business and understand how you impact our culture, work and financial success.
- Adopt a Growth Mindset: Don’t settle or become complacent. Grow by taking advantage of opportunities to do work outside your comfort zone.
- Take Initiative: Do not wait for someone to tell you what to do. Act in the absence of specific direction. Be proactive and decisive.
- Act with Purpose: Focus on impact above all else. Know the intended result, find the most efficient path, and get shit done.
- Communicate Assertively: Proactively tackle difficult conversations with empathy and confidence. Give and request feedback in real-time with helpful intent.
- Inspire Accountability: Embrace ownership of every task. Surface your mistakes. Share what you learn and use it to improve. Others will do the same.
- Ideally, minimum 1 year of relevant PR or marketing experience, preferably in an agency setting
- Understanding of product launches, brand storytelling and media and influencer relations strategies
- Understanding of digital/new media marketing strategies
- Expert in persuasive writing and verbal communication
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills