Our client is a large integrated marketing/PR agency and is looking for an Account Supervisor with strong media relations and client communication skills. This position calls for an understanding of what it takes to successfully lead PR campaigns. The right candidate holds a deep understanding of the media, will help to assure ongoing client satisfaction, can educate, train, and share best practices with junior team members. There is remote work flexibility in this role.
This role will be working with their technology clients – mainly in the B2B space.
- Conduct media outreach at a high level of impact.
- Lead PR campaigns (both independently and in tandem with team leader) – manage and align daily activities to assure quality standards and to reach client expectations. Set the tone and pace of the day, prioritize objectives, and delegate work.
- Actively participate in the management of the team’s development of daily media queries, add and align against client narrative.
- Write strategic press releases, blog posts, media queries, and social media posts that meet client objectives/messaging.
- Participate and lead client calls/communication. Provide strategic input, analysis, and feedback to clients.
- Build relationships with clients and serve as the go-to for client suggestions and inquiries.
- Help train junior staff on in-house tools, processes, and expectations. Provide feedback to supervisor on the progress, skills, and job readiness of junior staff.
Education and Experience
- An undergraduate degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English, marketing, business, or a similar major
- Five to seven years of PR experience
- PR agency experience is a plus
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team first attitude, ability to work with junior and senior team members and serve as a mentor
- Client service-oriented
- Familiar with national media/consumer of news
- Adaptable to changing work demands and priorities
- Goal orientated
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Organized and effective multi-tasker
- Positive attitude
Compensation and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience. They offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health insurance, 401(k) plan, WFH flexibility, paid time off and paid holidays, life insurance and short-term and long-term disability insurance, among other benefits.