Our client is a leading national nonprofit with nearly 30 years of experience innovating solutions for youth organizations and schools. This is a remarkable time and opportunity for a high-caliber, entrepreneurial communications manager to join a corporate communications and marketing team as they launch their first to market SaaS solution.
The Communications Manager owns the execution of key activities and projects for Corporate Communications and Marketing. This role requires strong skills in innovative writing and design, collateral creation, and cross-organizational savviness as a shared service provider. Additionally, proactive project management acumen, as well as innovative approaches to deliverable management and problem-solving.
Collaborating across the organization, the Manager will work closely with a range of departments and stakeholders both internally and externally, addressing diverse opportunities. This role requires a self-starter who can adapt to changing requirements, nimbly strategize solutions, and deliver strong project outcomes in an entrepreneurial and dynamic organization. This role is crucial to delivering against the go-to-market communications and
marketing strategy and goals, such as strengthening brand recognition and market exposure for the organization. Examples of success indicators for this role include
digital marketing analytics, brand asset optimization (website/social), internal customer satisfaction, project outcomes, as well as core process improvements.
Specific accountabilities include:
▪ Manage multiple internal projects, processes, and feedback loops across departments to facilitate internal customer collaboration and desired results.
▪ Translate customer requirements into communication/marketing collateral that meets objectives, is on time, budget and within quality.
▪ Manage and track eblasts and market distribution of messaging.
▪ Track progress against plan through innovative cross-organization editorial dashboard/reporting tools—an integrated social media/communications calendar.
▪ Proactively manage cross-organizational interdependencies and risks with strong mitigation strategies—
developing an escalation process as necessary.
▪ Build and actively manage review structures for all collateral that are effective and efficient from the start.
▪ Perform research and analytics, as needed, to build business case(s) for organizational initiatives.
▪ Evolve and strengthen core processes and tools for cross-organization work.
▪ Actively execute and monitor social media platforms to meet objectives.
▪ Maintain organization’s internal communications portal – update and catalog high-quality collateral and other critical deliverables/information for employee access in one place.
At least 5 years of communications experience in business environment(s). Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic virtual work environment is preferred. Proven expertise to balance strategic thinking with hands-on execution.
▪ Bachelor’s degree required
▪ Commercial sector experience preferred, SaaS would be ideal!
▪ Expertise in Google suite tools and design applications
▪ Strong eye for detail with analytical aptitude
▪ Expertise in project management processes and tools
▪ Working knowledge of key CRM systems, such as Salesforce, iContact and HootSuite
▪ Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications, such as InDesign and Lightroom
▪ Enthusiastic about applying systems thinking approach to how work gets accomplished
▪ Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution
▪ Superior written, oral, and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interface and influence colleagues
▪ Ability to build credibility and trust through demonstrated ethical behaviors and standards, given some
information may be confidential and sensitive