Our client is a 3 billion dollar electrical manufacturing company looking for a Corporate Communications Director to lead internal and external communications for North America. The successful candidate will be responsible for corporate internal and external communications, brand development, as well as creating and executing strategic marketing initiatives that span across divisions, product lines and channels.
What Will You Do?
Internal & External Communications:
- Responsible for developing and executing internal corporate communications across divisions and businesses.
- Responsible for the ongoing management and development of the company’s crisis management effort.
- Supporting and Developing CEO Quarterly Webcasts and other Executive Presentations.
- Responsible for the strategy, planning and execution of the company’s corporate public relations.
- Responsible for developing and organizing content for ongoing brand and communications councils in support of strategy, tactics and best practices.
- Champion and lead corporate marketing programs that span divisions – such as corporate advertising and sponsorships– to ensure coordination across business units maximize the programs’ impact.
- Collaborate closely with divisional communication teams to establish and ensure that new communication campaigns and programs are effective and deliver results.
- Strong partnership with corporate digital marketing manager to help build overarching corporate campaigns.
- Establish and champion common planning frameworks that provide vocabulary and discipline to the communications planning process.
- Responsible for CSR Communication strategy.
- Responsible for corporate event strategy and planning.
- Developing and maintaining Mission, Vision and Value Content that aligns to overall corporate brand.
- Develop brand messaging and alignment across division and within the business unit context.
- Steward corporate brand strategy and plans associated with brand architecture, positioning, visual identity and transitions.
- Review and evaluate both internal production and external communication work across teams, agencies and consultants and provide clear direction and encouragement for efficient use of resources and improvement.
- Responsible for company’s corporate social media strategy and execution.
Acquisition Support and Integration:
- Responsible for developing initial acquisition communication strategy and plans in support of a successful acquisition announcement.
- Responsible for developing plans and assisting newly acquired companies in brand communication transitions.
- Establishes and maintains employee performance standards.
- Works with employees to set goals and define development needs.
- Provides ongoing, timely feedback and periodic formal performance evaluations, per company guidelines.
- As part of the management team, actively participate in the overall management of the company, including day-to-day management decision making.
- Participate in planning strategic and tactical goals of the business unit, including budget preparation, capital acquisition and expense management.
- Partner with divisional leadership to identify gaps, recruit and hire marketing talent.
- Champion marketing job descriptions, career paths and career development training across the organization.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
- BA Marketing, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of relevant marketing experience
- Strategy and Execution
- Ability to develop, execute and measure strategic marketing initiatives.
- Executive Presence
- Effectively work with, and influence senior executives, including the CEO.
- Experience creating and/or executing multi-brand strategies. Developing and managing brand transitions.
- Strong creative skills, with the ability to develop compelling messaging and evaluate creative designs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills required.
- Must have the ability to communicate persuasively and effectively and manage multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Provide leadership, guidance, development and motivation to staff to achieve superior results and accomplish overall business objectives.
- Agency Management
- Provide clear guidance to outside agencies.
- Ability to conduct agency selections/reviews.
- Organization and Time Management
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively handle multiple priorities.
- Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, organize and accomplish a diversified work load.
- Computer skills
- Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail and meeting management software.
- Ability to use internet and web based resources efficiently and effectively.