Our client is a global company in the electrification space and is looking for a Corporate Communications Manager for North America. This is a New York City based position (hybrid) The Corporate Communications Manager ensures that Corporate communication plans are supporting and amplifying the company’s strategy. You will be a key contributor to building the Group’s reputation.
You will work in close cooperation and coordination with different communication correspondents, through a virtual Editorial Committee including the business group Marketing Communications and Internal Communications, to ensure alignment with the Group’s strategy, consistency in their messages, mutualization of tools, project synergies, sharing and dissemination of best practices.
Drive regional Public Relations & Press
- In close cooperation with the Corporate Media Communications Manager, based on strategic input from group and business unit leaders, build a regional external relations communications plan that is coordinated and relative to the Groups’ global strategic objectives
- Work closely with agency resources as needed to build a regional/country by country PR strategy and external communications plan to promote the image and key initiatives
- Build an understanding of business and have an ongoing relationship with key regional/country media
- Monitor key regional issues and developments to constantly propose and produce regionally focused thought leadership topics that may be amplified to regional/global media
- define the KPI report to measure regional external relations activity and produce the regional coverage report o provide support when needed for meetings with regional public government or regulatory authorities that can help build our business o manage local / regional press review
- Manage local / regional agency and corresponding budget
- Manage local / regional crisis communications.
Digital External communications – including Social Media
- On country websites and local / BG social media: attract and engage through strong brand positioning, develop storytelling around main topics, including business verticals.
- Web – In close cooperation with the Corporate Web manager, and with the contribution of internal stakeholders (local support functions), ensure that country websites are constantly updated with the most relevant company information and Group messages
- Support web contributors (local support functions: general management, HR, finance, legal, CSR) contributing to brand image in the country / region
- In close cooperation with Business Group key users, contribute to monitoring the performance of the country websites through defined KPIs, ensuring they develop brand attractiveness
- Give feedback / functional requests to feed global development plan
- Participate in web key users’ operations meetings organized by Marketing central teams.
- Social media – In close cooperation with the Corporate social media manager, ensure that Corporate messages are deployed and amplified on Country / BG / BU social media when applicable.
Corporate communications strategy
- Make sure that produced communications contents and materials are supporting strategy and in line with corporate branding guidelines
- Ensure the enriching, promotion and amplification of key messages
- Coordinate with locally-based communications teams such as Internal Communication and Marketing Communications
- In close coordination with the Corporate Communications team, participate in the development of the RFP agency selection process and hiring of regionally-based shared agency services
- Participate in the monitoring for performance and budget of regional agencies and support contract renegotiations or adaptions.
Part of a global team and virtual Editorial Committee
- As part of a global team, actively participate and work on key strategic communications initiatives which are global in breadth and scope
- Contribute to the global virtual Editorial Committee.
Skills and qualifications
- 5+ years experience in a communications position
- US media & PR experience is required
- Open-mindedness, international culture and team player – ability to act efficiently within a complex, global environment and regions
- Digital skills: good level in using office and content management systems, web-based communications, Social media management • Solution-oriented thinker
- Demonstrated customer focus with the ability to build effective working relationships
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Business and/or Communication graduate degree