The Director, Digital Strategy is a core member of the Communications & Public Affairs senior team. The goals of the position are to increase the company’s visibility across digital platforms on critical issues; build a strong set of digital influencers; contribute to the development of key digital assets, including websites, social media platforms and email presence, among others; and work with core program teams to create properties and campaigns that help further the program goals. The successful candidate will bring a strong track record of building digital assets, teams, insights and campaigns at scale for large, sophisticated organizations at the intersection of policy, technology and innovation.
- Act as primary steward of company’s digital channels, including websites, social media networks, email platforms, and mobile applications, among others.
- Develop annual and campaign-centered plans for digital channels based on organization-wide content strategy. Work with Public Affairs and Program teams to evolve and optimize content strategy for digital platforms.
- Create and evolve platforms for social and digital listening, community management, and influencer identification and management. Provide ongoing updates to leadership on the efficacy of activities based on feedback from social and digital channels.
- Identify, test and optimize emerging opportunities for increased visibility in owned, shared and paid digital platforms, providing ongoing counsel to senior management and Public Affairs/Communications.
- Using internal and external analysis, develop or evolve audience personas, including capturing ongoing evolving usage in new platforms.
- Supervise the management of digital media buys on search engines, social media platforms, content recommendation networks, display networks, and other channels.
- Lead the use of analytics and data to report on the effectiveness of digital marketing efforts. Refine strategies for improvement advise and assist communications strategists to use digital marketing to support their projects and campaigns.
- Work closely with internal and external creative teams to develop content assets for social and digital platforms.
- Provide counsel across the organization on best use of social media to build visibility, up to and including senior management. Mentor and develop social media and digital team members.
- 10+ years experience in digital and social strategy, with demonstrated success in managing multiple channels.
- Ability to support existing tools for automated web content delivery by end users.
- Ability to assist in the conversion of page design comp images into HTML pages using CSS-based layouts.
- Experience in the creation of HTML email newsletters using established best practices and managing campaigns using a web-based mailing service.
- Ability to create functional flowcharts and written technical documentation.