Our client is a technology trade association in Washington DC looking for a Marketing Director. This is a hybrid work environment – Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in the office, and option to work from home on Mondays and Fridays.
The Director, Marketing is a core member of the Communications team with responsibility for overseeing marketing and communications programs for the association’s revenue-generating initiatives. The goal of the position is to oversee promotional and advertising efforts across channels in order to build awareness and drive revenue growth. The Director, Marketing will partner with the sales and business leads of revenue-generating programs to develop and implement successful strategies and campaigns leveraging a mix of marketing and communications tactics, including media relations, social media engagement, advertising, sponsorships, collateral development and more as may be appropriate. The Director, Marketing will work with the existing resources and third-party vendors to implement and measure the effectiveness of these programs. The successful candidate will bring a strong track record of working across multiple business units to devise and implement effective cross-channel marketing programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Act as the marketing lead for all revenue-generating programs.
- Leverage existing marketing channels including websites, social media networks, email platforms, earned and paid promotional capabilities and others.
- Partner with both business units and the communications team to ensure appropriate support for all revenue-generating units.
- Manage marketing budgets for all revenue-generating units in partnership with business unit leads.
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns for revenue-generating programs.
- Work with internal and external resources as needed to fulfill campaign objectives.
- Identify, test and optimize opportunities for building brand awareness and/or growing revenue across owned, shared and paid marketing platforms, providing ongoing counsel to business unit leads and communications leadership.
- Using internal and external analysis, develop or evolve customer personas, and develop marketing programs to move potential customers through the marketing funnel.
- Lead the use of analytics and data to report on the effectiveness of marketing efforts.
- 8+ years experience in B2B marketing strategy, with demonstrated success in managing multiple channels.
- Highly experienced digital and social strategist with in-depth knowledge of modern marketing effectiveness tools, inbound marketing, and content marketing strategies and tactics.
- Familiarity with how and when to employ a range of marketing tactics beyond social/digital including media relations and content development.
- Office suite
- Google Analytics
- Social Media Measurement Platforms (various)
Four-year college degree.