Los Angeles based venture capital platform focused on real estate, retail, construction, hospitality, and infrastructure technology is seeking a seasoned Head of Public Relations to lead and guide the firm as they aggressively expand our product offering, geographical reach, and brand identity.
- Develop and execute an external and global communications strategy aligned with business objectives.
- Develop narratives and storylines focused on conveying value proposition, competitive positioning, and other key messages to audiences.
- Develop PR programs, initiatives and campaigns that drive awareness and brand advocacy and distributes unified company messaging in a form that resonates with target audiences (corporations, entrepreneurs, peer VCs, and industry influencers).
- Create a multichannel global thought leadership platform (website, thought leadership, social media, traditional media, speaking opportunities, etc.) that leverages a diverse set of tools to engage target audiences.
- Create executive thought leadership programs that enhance the profiles of senior leaders and increase opportunities for media interviews, speaking engagements, and participation in influential events.
- Lead strategy and execution for organization’s announcements (investments, partnerships, key hires, etc.)
- Develop and execute key communications for executives including messaging, talking points, keynotes, bylines, briefing documents, FAQs, positioning statements, press releases, presentations, and other collateral.
- Empower team to engage in PR by providing employees with tools and resources to advocate on behalf of the organization.
- Manage external PR agency to develop and drive strategic communications and PR campaigns.
Desired Skills & Experience
- BA/BS in public relations, communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in corporate communications and PR (traditional, digital, social and print media; reputation management; crisis communications; internal communications), either in-house or with a best-in-class agency.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills – should be a person who can tell the company´s story as eloquently (or more so) than firm leaders.
- High-activity disposition with frenetic energy and broad ambition to build a disruptive, first-in-class organization.
- Established first-rate media relationships ranging from broadcast / press to online outlets and blogs, and demonstrated success securing interviews, creating and executing PR campaigns and measuring effectiveness.
- Experience creating messaging and briefing documents; securing executive interviews and press coverage.
- Experience building executive thought leadership platforms.
- Team-player and builder who can execute and thrive in a fast-paced environment and startup culture.
- Strong decision-maker and ability to reorient teams and drive execution when priorities change.
- Superior problem-solving skill and a “can-do” attitude.
- Creative-thinker and passionate about brand storytelling, PR and tech.
- Ability to motivate, manage, supervise, and train employees.
- Unquestionable ethics, integrity, work-ethic, and ability to collaboratively challenge perceived norms