Our client is a leader in edge computing solutions and the Product Team is looking to hire a Lead UX Designer in San Francisco, CA or remote. As a Lead UX Designer, you will work as part of a product trio (Product Manager, Engineering Lead, Design Lead) to shape and implement the vision for Edge Computing solution. You will work closely as a member of this team, using continuous discovery with customers, to define product requirements that are valuable, feasible and viable. You will design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure the best customer experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user experience best practices.
You will help immerse UX best practices into the product management process. You will work as both a practitioner and a leader, guiding and executing the entire design process from discovery to delivery. Your most fundamental job is to understand and empathize with the customer and advocate for them at every turn.
You will interface with internal and external stakeholders at all levels through multiple communication channels, making strong communication skills a must. They believe in best-ever experiences from the inside out — so we’re looking for an approachable, friendly candidate who will love their co-workers as much as they love them.
Great candidates will look like this:
- A positive team player who can work well within the team and collaborate cross-functionally, especially in a remote environment
- A motivated self-starter who thrives on prioritization and follow-through
- Passionately creative in mindset, and has the ability to adapt quickly to evolving business needs
- Proven project management, strong organization skills, and excellent attention to detail
- Great analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- An excellent communicator who is efficient and effective with customers and colleagues via web conference, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations and set and meet deadlines
- Lead the iterative effort to plan and conduct user research, develop user personas, and usability test interactive designs
- Provide data-driven recommendations for selecting and prioritizing product features based on business value ROI, and alignment with strategy
- Make informed design and user-experience decisions related to existing and new functions and features
- Translate complex concepts and interactions into effective information architectures and user flows, illustrated through visually coherent wireframes and prototypes
- Develop detailed product designs that produce usable, intuitive user interfaces
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Help build out design processes, tools, and culture
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience creating and implementing UX designs
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills for communicating with customers and stakeholders
- Demonstrated proficiency in user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research and user testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
- Considerable experience creating storyboards, wireframes and prototypes
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications
- Excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval
- Passionate about creating exceptional customer experiences and resolving user pain points through great design
- Open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- Dedicated to continued education and research into UX trends and current design strategy and technologies
- Proficient with visual design programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision, Figma or other related.
- Experience with coding and ability to troubleshoot using HTML, CSS and comparable languages
- Competitive, based on experience
- Health Insurance: Vision, Dental and Medical (HDHP & PPO options)
- PTO & paid Company holidays
This is a full-time, permanent position and may be remote.