A Senior Vice President (SVP) / Health Sector Lead is a leader in this agency.
This individual is directly involved in sector strategic planning, new business development, managing day-to-day operations, managing the firm’s human and financial resources, and applying these resources to the benefit of all clients.
The SVP/Sector Lead is responsible for securing new business and growing the firm and does so by developing measurable, successful business development strategies that ensure continuous sector revenue growth. This must include development of a strong new client/prospect pipeline as well as organic new business growth from existing clients.
The ideal candidate must also be equally skilled at managing, heading, and developing ensemble account teams located in multiple offices as well as across other brands of the parent company to expand the health care business in the U.S. and globally.
The leader will resolve client problems, counsel clients at the most senior level, and help other staff members resolve conflicts with clients and each other. Ideal candidate is expected to optimize value and service to clients, develop employee potential, maximize account profitability, and maintain a high profile for the firm in the community and among professional organizations
Reports to: Executive Vice President
Billability/day: Based on company standards
Role: Lead Strategist for Health Sector; responsible/accountable for new business development; responsible/accountable for retention and organic business growth of clients within their Health Sector
Areas of Expertise: Health care industry, new business strategy/development, sector-area and team strategy development, sector-area and agency management, account development and team management/coaching/development
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and execute a strategic new business development plan.
- Grow revenues and expand scope of services within current firm’s accounts by presenting and selling ideas, offering cross-agency tools, solutions and expertise, and closing on incremental new business each year.
- Expand client base and practice area beyond existing clients by demonstrating industry thought leadership and gaining the trust and confidence of community and market-sector influencers and decision-makers
- Grow and maintain a network/new business pipeline of key influencers and leaders, who have the authority to make PR firm hiring decisions.
- Find new and creative ways to achieve business objectives, solve problems and maximize opportunities, both for their clients and the firm.
- Achieve annual revenue growth established each planning year for agency success.
- Meet client growth goals efficiently by overseeing, planning, and managing budgets as well as allocating time and staffing resources.
- Ensure that accounts under your management maintain acceptable profit margins and teach supervised employees to do the same. Ensure that billable goals are consistently met by your supervised employees, your practice and yourself.
- Spend time developing and coaching direct reports, helping them set meaningful career goals that will increase the firm’s employee retention. This includes fostering a sector-wide appreciation for new business development and their contributions to new business growth.
- Manage teams across multiple offices and parent company brands
- Provide expert, high-value advice and guidance to clients and colleagues regarding the healthcare industry and your areas of health expertise.
- Demonstrate outstanding skills in teamwork, relationship-building, client counseling and client leadership.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of effective solutions on behalf of their clients.
- Stay current and informed on a broad range of new developments in communications strategy and implementation, including emerging technology in industry sectors related to the health sector and the agency.
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret and strategically apply data-based research and findings.
- Resolve conflicts constructively.
- Demonstrate commitment to the firm and to the firm’s citizenship values, including personal responsibility, integrity and collaboration. Contribute to their leadership profile and to the advancement of the profession by teaching or leading professional development coursework within there or at accredited institutions.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Develops and grows business
- Builds excellent relationships with clients, prospects, colleagues and team members
- Solves problems
- Demonstrates thought leadership within the health sector
- Takes initiative, independent thinker
- Supervises team – as well as multiple projects and accounts
- Inspires, develops, manages and leads individuals
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business, public relations, journalism or related field. Master’s preferred, but not required.
- More than 15 years of progressive professional agency experience
- Experience as a sector lead within the health practice of a national agency
- Proven business-development track record
- Experience in hospital/physician/provider, consumer health, medtech, payor and/or pharma client categories
- Exceptional presentation skills and a track record of high visibility within the industry
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning
- Demonstrated ability to retain and grow clients
- Leadership in at least one civic/nonprofit organization (i.e. active board member) in addition to other professional leadership.
- Demonstrated skills to build and inspire teams