Our client is in search of a senior-level Strategy leader located in Chicago, IL or New York, NY. This position is a senior leader with in-depth experience in creating and leading strategy in the Pharmaceutical and Healthcare marketing space.
You must be self-driven and results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on the high quality of agency services and business profit. You must be relational, articulate, diplomatic, reliable, tolerant, determined, team-oriented and adaptable to a variety of personality styles.
You must be keen on new experience, responsibility and accountability. Additionally, you must be sufficiently flexible to travel throughout each month to client engagements and the other agency offices.
Main areas of focus:
- Client Strategic Leadership – Provides exemplary senior counsel to clients on solving business and marketing challenges, excellent pharmaceutical marketer, experience in full product lifecycle management and marketing of pharmaceutical franchise/portfolio
- New business and Marketing efforts – drives efforts to continually fill new business pipeline by pursuing opportunities with prospective clients, and looks for opportunities to build organic business
- Lead and manage strategy development to solve client’s marketing challenges
- Collaborate and assist Principals on planning, directing, and implementing strategies and tactics for clients
- Significant experience in marketing plan development and annual brand planning efforts
- Lead the development of insight-driven strategies for assigned clients and new business pitches; provide sound business justification for marketing recommendations (based on market trends, audience insights, competitive analysis, past campaign data, and past experience)
- Earn the respect of clients, agency, and parent company Ideate and recommend new programs to drive existing clients’ business forward
- Demonstrate the ability to process and understand our clients’ therapeutic categories, their brands, and business goals.
- Through membership and participation in industry associations, networking, and community organizations, be an agency ambassador to increase agency brand awareness
- BA/BS from an accredited college or university, advanced degree a plus
- At least 15 years of marketing agency experience with progressive experience in the Pharmaceutical Advertising and marketing space required
- Thorough understanding of both Patient and HCP advertising and communications.
- Experience in Rare Disease plus.
- Must have a thorough understanding of integrated marketing and have fluency in both Digital and non-digital channels
- Exceptional writing, communication and presentation skills
- Senior leadership experience in an integrated marketing, creative, or advertising agency
- Strategic, analytical, and results-oriented problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated track record managing successful client relationships
- Successful history of developing business and bringing new clients to an agency network
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategic development that results in innovative executional tactics
- Experience setting a vision for and demonstrating the value of marketing to clients as well as to internal stakeholders
- Natural charismatic leader with sound, rational judgment
- Ability to build trusted and effective relationships within clients’ marketing departments, including C-suite level
- Excellent at presenting and selling ideas to a variety of key stakeholders, internally and externally
- Highly self-motivated and self-driven
- This position can be located in Chicago, Il or New York, NY.