Strategic PR Lead
Are you interested in joining the most sought-after Public Relations agency serving the edtech industry? Our client is seeking a tenacious public relations professional looking to fill one of the most integral roles at their company. This person will drive and execute PR and media results for their clients while supporting the accelerated growth of the agency.
If people describe you as an achiever, a self-starter, and someone with a strong desire to outperform expectations, then please read on!
We are at a pivotal time in education when the national spotlight is focused on how our students are learning more than ever before. That’s what makes the agency’s focus on education so exciting, so timely and so urgent. They are driving the narrative to transform K-12 education, and they need your help.
The new Strategic PR Lead will seamlessly deliver strategic guidance to support their clients, cultivate new business leads, and execute results. Writing op-eds comes second nature to you, and seeking creative ways to land a complex media story fuels you in a way that can’t be described to your friends and relatives. They feel the same, and they surround themselves with other people who also thrive on making the impossible possible. That’s why their clients describe them as “amazing,” “unequivocally talented” and “transformational partners” for their business.
**Joining the team means occasional travel to places like Puerto Rico, Austin, New York, and many other equally enjoyable locales to support their clients at edtech conferences, summits, and thought leadership events that are driving change in K-12 education today. **
As a dynamic and engaging professional, you have:
- Writing and media outreach experience to drive and execute results.
- Experience writing op eds for CEOs and/or district leadership.
- Agency experience navigating the demands of multiple projects and deadlines in any given day.
- A proven track record of collaborating with and leading multiple people on projects with simultaneous deadlines.
- The ability to seamlessly balance clients and contractors to ensure all of the work gets done on time and on budget.
- Experience creating speaking proposals and award submissions.
- Bonus points for experience in the education sector.
- The ability to work during either PST or EST time zones.
You are known as:
- An achiever. No questions asked. You will achieve regardless of whether or not anyone checks in on you about a project. You have a drive to excel and to exceed the expectations of your clients and teammates.
- Self-motivated with a sense of urgency to thrive in a fast-paced virtual environment that offers a great deal of freedom.
- Dynamic and competitive. You want to win and you want to work with the best people in the industry.
- Resilient and resourceful with a reputation for quickly solving problems.
What the job entails:
- You will go from brainstorming creative new ideas for one startup client to launching a new industry award for another established company.
- Spend 80% of your time being the strategic PR lead and 20% of your time cultivating and generating new business leads/opportunities.
- Drawing on your PR experience (education background a plus!), you’ll work together with the rock star team to lead the PR strategies and drive the execution and delivery of those strategies for their clients every day.
- Pursue all available opportunities to secure client coverage– national, regional, and education trade media — that generates compelling opportunities to share their unique stories.
- Develop content, including: case studies, blogs, press releases, op eds, and award submissions.